Thursday, January 29, 2009

Best Basketball Day

Yesterday, I played the best basketball of my life.

My friends and I rented out a gym where we play once a week. Its usually a five man team, one is a sub, and its up to seven points then we switch up opponents.

This is our second season, and it is the first time I scored more than 10 shots...in fact, I scored 15 shots in! I think last season the most I scored on a single basketball day was 7 shots.

The interesting thing is I am more known as a rebounder and I usually get my baskets in by way of offensive rebound and second shot opportunity.

Today I scored 4 shots from under the net and the other 11 shots were from the outside.

Why is this so amazing that I have to post it? Its because I am usually afraid to take shots. I always think that it will miss...and it usually does. But yesterday, I decided that I will do my best and to shoot. My mind was blank when I shot--and when I cleared my head and not thought too much about missing, I started to get it in.

The power of the human mind is so interesting. You cannot underestimate believing in yourself...a self-fulfilling prophecy if you will. I believe that I will be able to do this same level of performance for next week.

Yes I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment